If you are interested in being a volunteer, we would love to talk to you!
What might you do?
- Be a Buddy to accompany a student to a typical Connect Group.
- Help someone read, turn pages, pray or move to the next activity.
- Swing someone in our giant swing or work a puzzle.
- Join another volunteer who is taking someone for a walk.
In short, you will get the awesome opportunity to be a friend to someone who is described by God in His word as “indispensable”, and be completely blessed by the time you have spent with your friend! We will provide the training you need as we serve our learners together. Personal care or medical needs will be attended to by a trained staff member on duty.
- Be a member of Tallowood Baptist Church
- Complete a Volunteer Form (see below) and interview
- Complete an Authorization to Release Information form for purposes of a background check if 18 or older. Passing the background check is required.
- Attend volunteer training
- Teen volunteers must be Tallowood church members. The ideal teen volunteer is one who earnestly feels called to serve in this ministry.
For more information, please contact:
Allyson Pimentil, Director of Special Needs Ministry
713.468.8241, ext. 8222