Tallowood Language Learning
Tallowood Language Learning provide a safe and loving environment in which to learn the Mandarin language and live the Word of God. This program is being offered through the generous support of local parents and the Tallowood Chinese Community Outreach Program.
- Taught in a safe and loving environment: All lessons take place on secure and safe church property, allowing children to focus on becoming multicultural and multilingual citizens in a global economy.
- Designed for elementary school students (grades K-5): Five classes include beginning level to level 4, as well as an advanced public speaking class.
- Small classes: Low student-teacher ratio of 8 students to 1 instructor and 1 assistant guarantees every student gets the attention they need.
- Extraordinary teaching team: We have a Mandarin Education Advisor / Lead Teacher who designs and oversees the curriculum and teaching methodology. Our Advisor has a Language & Literature bachelor’s Degree and Applied Linguistics Master’s Degree, with more than 10 years of school-based teaching experience, and currently serves as the Mandarin program Director in a chartered school. Our teachers have many years of Mandarin teaching experience in private or public school.
- Class times: 6:00 – 8:00 PM every Monday evening except for Spring Branch ISD holidays and other days off. Each class session includes: Mandarin language instruction, one Bible story, and break time.
- Free parenting classes and discussions: While the children’s class is in session, parents may participate in a separate class presented by Lisa Keeling, Minister of Children’s Education that focuses on how to educate and communicate with kids in an effective way.
- Parent gathering opportunities: Registration for the program offers the opportunities for family fellowship and invitations to engage in the Tallowood community.
- Special Events: We will host a series of events open to the community including the showcase of Chinese calligraphy, traditional music instruments, beautiful Chinese scenic attractions and the Lunar New Year celebration.
- Fall semester: August 28 to December 11 (14 lessons)
- Tuition: $308 per semester, $20 registration fee per year, textbooks purchased separately.
- Classroom Location: Tallowood campus in NT 201 (for campus map visit https://www.tallowood.org/im-new/find-us/ and click “View Campus Map.”
- Class Placement Evaluation: Teacher will evaluate student mandarin level based on the information provided by the parents.
Yao Shen: email@example.com