Back to School Time Capsule
BACK-TO-SCHOOL TIME CAPSULE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Find a container around the house to use for the capsule, ex: mason jar, box (Amazon box or shoe box), Clorox wipes container, etc.
2. Print the activity pages listed below and complete the activities. (If you don’t have a printer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and Kara can mail you copies of the activity pages.)
- Kids answer questions about the new school year.
- Write out prayer requests for your teachers, friends, family and yourself.
- Parents, write a prayer you would like to pray for your children this school year.
- Read the verses. Then cut them out along the dotted lines.
3. Decorate your jar or box.
- Make a label out of paper that says “Back to School Time Capsule, DO NOT open until the last day of school.” Tape label to jar or box.
- Add stickers and/or ribbons for additional decorating.
4. Decide what other items you would like to include. Here are some suggestions:
- First day of school picture
- Face mask
- Trace your child’s hand on a piece of colored construction paper and cut it out. Have your child write their name and their grade on the hand print.
- Have your child stand up against a wall and use a string to measure your child’s height. Cut off the string the same length as your child. Bundle it together neatly and secure it with a piece of ribbon.
- Find a kid-friendly headline (newspaper or online) that will remind you about current events.
5. Place the activity pages and any other items in the jar or box.
YOUR BACK-TO-SCHOOL TIME CAPSULE IS COMPLETE!
6. Place it up on a shelf or in a special place. Open the time capsule at the end of the school year to look back on how God has provided and cared for us during this unique year!