Serve the City
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Fellowship Breakfast: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. in Tallowood Gym
Service Hours: 9:30 a.m. until your service project is complete
Serve the City is an opportunity for Tallowood to bless our community and make an impact with the love and light of Christ. Our prayer is that serving together will grow intergenerational relationships and servant hearts. The name of this event was inspired by Tallowood’s location in the heart of the Memorial City/City Centre area.
Who can participate?
Everyone is invited to participate. Serve the City is an all-church event organized through Bible Study departments and ministry groups from youth through senior adults and will include both on and off campus projects.
What is the cost to participate?
There is no cost to individuals. Serve the City will be supported through our Bile Studies, ministry groups, and missions budget.
Is there a limit on the number of volunteers who can sign up on each project?
Yes, there is a limit to the number of volunteers needed for each project so sign up early and choose your top three preferences from the project list.
Can my children serve with me?
Grade school children are welcome to serve alongside their parents experience the joy of learning to give to others. Preschool childcare is provided for birth through kindergarten until 12:00 p.m.
How do I sign up?
- Online registration below.
- Provide your name, email, phone number, and shirt size.
- Choose your project of interest from the project list above. You can view the groups who have already committed to serve on the project and whether the project is still open to volunteers.
- Reserve childcare (separate registration for childcare) and fellowship lunch.
- Receive an email confirmation of your registration and project preference. The project coordinator will be in contact with you regarding your selected project.