Welcome to Children’s Choirs
We eagerly await your children every Wednesday evening.
- Their enthusiasm is contagious!
- We’ve planned, prepared, prayed, and we’re ready to go!
It’s a wonderful place for kids to feel safe and loved while learning and living the word of God.
2017-2018 Choir Theme: All Creation Sings – “Let everything that breathes, praise the Lord.” Psalm 150:6
Tallowood children begin organized music classes at age 3, participating joyfully in Bible truths through singing, moving, rhythm, steady beat, creating, and team work. Each year is a new step in worship leadership and participation.
Children enjoy instruments,such as Orff xylophones, Choir Chimes, autoharps, stepbells, and boomwhackers. Every room has ‘singing toys’ and they might have fun with parachutes, lummi sticks, tinikling poles, puppets, and many more things that help them on their journey to honoring and praising God.
Special Events Include:
- Singing at Christmas in even years
- Singing at Thanksgiving in odd years
- Grade School children might sing in an evening service in the spring
- Choirs sing with the orchestra – yeah!
- 1st – 5th completed may participate in the VBS musical
- At different times, mothers might sing with the children on Mother’s Day or children might sing on Palm Sunday
- Parent Night at choir in the spring semester
Yes, at Tallowood, children’s choir meetings are F R E E ! That’s right – NO fees are charged for this awesome musical experience! (with the exception of a t-shirt fee in some years where used)
Please join us! Susie Low, Coordinator
REGISTER FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR KIDS
REGISTER FOR MISSION FRIENDS
Wednesday Nights for Kids at Tallowood
Here Are the Facts!
Choirs meet from 5:50 – 6:50 p.m.
Music Time for 3’s (3 by September 1, 2017), meet in Childcare Room, Lynda Reeves, director
Pre-Kindergarten (4 by September 1, 2017), WT104, Jimmie O’Quinn, director
Kindergarten (currently enrolled in Kindergarten), WT202, Sharon Layton, director
1st Grade Choir, WT212, Holly Nederveld & Hannah Lu, directors
2nd Grade Choir, WT205, Earl Layton & Rhonda Pitts, co-directors
3rd Grade Choir, WT203, Janet Nichols & Diane Guthrie, directors
4th/5th Grade Choir, GREAT Room, Martha Jorgensen & Susie Low, directors
Orff Class, WT206, Jennifer Endicott & Christen Jones, directors
Coordinating Staff – Nancy Lawrence
Many teachers are needed. Please consider joining us!
Missions meets immediately after choir
- 3’s return to childcare
- 4 year olds through 5th grade meet from 6:55-7:40
Children will be taken to missions unless a parent is waiting when choir is over.
For additional choir information, contact Susie Low, Children’s Choir Coordinator at 832.320.8145 or email Susie.
For missions information, contact coordinators:
- Mission Friends for PreK & K children – Allyson Mark, 713.932.1776
- GA’s for Girls in grades 1-5 – Charlotte Mitchell, 713.722.0118
- RA’s for Boys in grades 1-5 – David Conway, 832.717.6796, Stephen Johns, 832.714.0195 or Charles Blackmon, 713.849.0192
Music in May 2017
Rehearsing for Christmas Program 2016
Orchestra Members Visit Children’s Choir