Welcome to Children’s Choirs
It’s great to hear the kids’ comments about choir:
- Hurry up – I want to see what the game is tonight!
- I love my choir teachers!
- I need to share my prayer request!
- Wonder what instruments we’ll play tonight?
- Will we have a music visitor tonight?
It’s a wonderful place for kids to feel safe and loved while learning and living the word of God.
2016-2017 Choir Theme: “Be strong in the Lord.” Ephesians 6:10
Tallowood children begin organized music classes at age 3, participating joyfully in Bible truths through singing, moving, rhythm, steady beat, creating and team work. Each year is a new step in worship leadership and participation.
Children enjoy instruments,such as Orff, Choir Chimes, autoharps, stepbells, and boomwhackers. Every room has ‘singing toys’ and they might have fun with parachutes, lummi sticks, tinikling poles, puppets and many more things that help them on their journey to honoring and praising God.
- Singing at Christmas in even years
- Singing at Thanksgiving in odd years
- Grade School children might sing in an evening service in the spring
- 4th/5th Grade singers often present a mini-musical in the spring
- At different times, mothers might sing with the children on Mother’s Day or children might sing on Palm Sunday
- Parent Night at choir in the spring semester
Please join us! Susie Low, Coordinator
Wednesday Nights for Kids at Tallowood
Here Are the Facts!
Choirs meet from 5:50 – 6:50 p.m.
Music Time for 3’s (3 by September 1, 2016), meet in Childcare Room, Lynda Reeves, director
Pre-Kindergarten (4 by September 1, 2016), WT104, Jimmie O’Quinn, director
Kindergarten (currently enrolled in Kindergarten), WT202, Sharon Layton, director
1st Grade Choir, WT212, Diane Guthrie & Holly Nederveld, directors
2nd Grade Choir, WT206, Earl Layton & Rhonda Pitts, co-directors
3rd Grade Choir, WT203, Janet Nichols & Jennifer Endicott, directors
4th/5th Grade Choir, GREAT Room, Martha Jorgensen & Susie Low, directors
Coordinating Staff – Nancy Lawrence
Many teachers are needed. Please consider joining us!
Missions meets immediately after choir
- 3’s return to childcare
- 4 year olds through 5th grade meet from 6:55-7:40
Children will be taken to missions unless a parent is waiting when choir is over.
For additional choir information, contact Susie Low, Children’s Choir Coordinator at 832.320.8145 or email Susie.
For missions information, contact coordinators:
- Mission Friends for PreK & K children – Allyson Mark, 713.932.1776
- GA’s for Girls in grades 1-5 – Charlotte Mitchell, 713.722.0118
- RA’s for Boys in grades 1-5 – David Conway, 832.717.6796 or Stephen Johns, 832.714.0195
Music in May 2017
Rehearsing for Christmas Program 2016
Orchestra Members Visit Children’s Choir