Job Opening: Minister of Discipleship and Education
Job Title: Minister of Discipleship and Education
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Direct Reports: Student Minister, Minister of Childhood Education, Minister of Preschool Education, Single Adult Minister, Women’s Associate and Laity Leadership
Liaison to Committees: Adult Division Sunday School directors
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
The Minister of Discipleship and Education is called by God and the Tallowood congregation to effectively lead the discipleship and education ministries of the church.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, development, implementation and management of all efforts to advance the spiritual growth of the church body and equip believers for the work of the ministry through discipleship to Jesus.
- Lead the church in planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive program of Christian education that includes both Sunday School and other methods for training and discipleship. Pursue growth strategies for the Bible study ministry of the church.
- Advocate for the advancement of educational excellence at Tallowood. Manage and nurture all education/discipleship direct reports in the performance of their ministry roles, including mentoring/counseling, performance monitoring, goal setting, performance evaluation, and professional and personal development.
- Advocate for and be a leader of small group discipleship ministries.
- Integrate discipleship practices and principles into all aspects of congregational life.
- Establish strong collegial working relationships with Tallowood’s senior pastor and leadership team. Counsel, coordinate and collaborate closely with them in the development of customized disciple-making methods, training, priorities and goal setting in each of their ministries to help the church accomplish its Vision 2020 goals of Making Relationships, Making Disciples and Making an Impact.
- Guide the development, preparation and ongoing management of Tallowood’s education and discipleship ministry budgets to provide for the most effective education and discipleship ministries.
- Maintain knowledge of current best practices and effective trends in church education/Bible study and discipleship ministries. In concert with education/discipleship leadership staff, serve as Tallowood’s resident center of expertise related to highly effective education and discipleship.
The candidate must be a growing disciple of Jesus who actively disciples others.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seminary degree
- Proven experience in leadership in Baptist congregations
- Practical application of sociological and psychological development and leadership for individuals and organizations
- Experience in advocating, developing and leading discipleship ministry efforts
- Conference and in-service training related to ministry development and personal spiritual growth