A ministry of Tallowood Baptist Church, offering biblically-based programs and support to church members in the area of family formation.
ORPHAN’S HOPE – Orphan Care
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” (John 14:18)
- Collect shoes, clothing, etc. for international orphans.
- Financially sponsor individual orphaned children.
- Provide mission trip opportunities for Tallowood members to ministry to orphaned children.
- Create a mission trip scholarship fund for Tallowood members to be involved in orphan care ministry.
- Partner with other local churches to share resources, plan events, and share ministry opportunities.
CHOSEN HOPE – Adoption
“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.” (Ephesians 1:4-5)
- Host adoption fairs and provide resources about adoption for Tallowood and area families.
- Participate in National Adoption Month in November.
- Host an annual Heritage Day for internationally adopted children.
- Create an adoption scholarship fund to support Tallowood families completing adoptions.
- Provide cookies / balloons / stuffed animals at Juvenile Court and Family Court for families finalizing adoptions.
ESTHER’S HOPE – Foster Care
“…he brought [her] up because she had neither father nor mother.” (Esther 2:7b)
- Develop a relationship with Harris County Child Protective Services (CPS).
- Be a “go-to” church for CPS Harris County on school supplies, clothes, Christmas gifts, etc.
- Provide “Bags of Love” for children who have been removed from their homes in Harris County.
- Create a foster care scholarship fund to provide monthly stipends to Tallowood families fostering children.
OBJECTIVE for FAMILY HOPE
- To offer a biblically-based program to minister to Tallowood couples and families in the area of family formation.
- To offer opportunities to minister to orphaned children in Harris County and around the world.
- To offer opportunities to be an advocate for children’s causes in Houston and around the world.
- To be active in foster/adoptive family awareness, recruitment, and training.
- To offer scholarship assistance to families considering adoption, foster care, as well as for orphan care mission trips.
- To offer separate support groups in the areas of adoption and foster care.
- To develop relationship with organizations outside Tallowood to meet the needs of Tallowood families.
Phillip & Shaun Lester – 713.806.0778 – Email